According to rumors, the iPhone 8 replacement will have a case similar in size to the current model, the OLED screen with enlarged display surface using the space freed by removing the Home key with the integrated Touch ID sensor.
For now, the somewhat conflicting rumors indicate no more less than 5 iPhone models for 2020:
- "iPhone 9" with similar design iPhone 8, with Home key with Touch ID sensor, expected for launch in March
- iPhone with 5.4 "dual-screen OLED camera – launch in autumn
- iPhone with 6.1 "OLED screen, dual camera – launch in autumn
- iPhone with 6.1" OLED screen, triple-camera with ToF technology – launch in autumn
- iPhone with OLED screen 6.7 "triple-camera with ToF technology – launch in autumn
Returning to the supposed refresh iPhone 8, new disclosures show that it could be alongside the Touch ID model that is launching in spring. The 5.4 "OLED screen device would include a" much larger "camera on the back than the iPhone 8. On the front side, the inclusion of the TrueDepth sensor increases the space allocated to the camera, with the cutout applied to the screen having a" intermediate size ", between the one found in the iPhone XS and iPhone 11. Series, however, the screen stretched vertically to the 5.4" diagonal will provide a larger display surface, compared to the iPhone 8.
Taking the A13 Bionic chipset found at the iPhone 11 series, the new iPhone could also offer a noticeable increase in performance, compared to the model it replaces.